By submitting your personal data to us, you will be treated as having given your permission – where necessary and appropriate – for disclosures referred to in this policy.
Shell has adopted Binding Corporate Rules which provide a privacy compliance framework which has been approved by the Dutch Data Protection Authority such that Shell companies are able to lawfully transfer personal data to other companies within the Shell group in compliance with EU data protection law.
This notice sets out what personal data we collect, for what purposes and your rights in this respect.
What does the SPS cover?
The SPS provides information about personal data which are collected and processed in connection with the services provided by Shell Fleet Solutions business including the Shell Fuel Card (‘SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES’) as well as your visits to Shell websites related to the Shell Fleet Solutions Services. For all other interaction with a company or companies within the Shell group of companies (‘Shell’) please refer to the relevant Privacy Notice at www.shell.com/privacy.html and from the Shell website in your location.
Source of data
If you have not provided your personal data directly to Shell, Shell has obtained your personal data from your employing or contracting company or from your leasing or fleet management company. The obtained personal data is subject to an agreement with provisions safeguarding your personal data between Shell and the respective entity.
The categories of personal data we collect about you.
What personal data do we process about you?
In addition to the personal data set out in the relevant Privacy Notice referred to above and depending on the exact services used by you and your company, Shell may process some or all of the types including the below data:
- User IDs, marketing and language preferences.
- Directors’ (and other associated persons’) details including name and date of birth where these are required for trade compliance, anti-money laundering and anti-bribery and corruption purposes / credit checking.
- Transaction details including driver’s name, card number, vehicle identifier, products purchased, date, time and location; and
- CCTV images at Shell Retail locations for safety, security, fraud management and operational purposes.
The purposes for which we process your personal data.
Who is responsible for any personal data collected?
Your local Shell Fleet Solutions contracting company: Shell Oman Marketing SAOG, Minal Al-Fahal, Sultanate of Oman and affiliated companies within the Shell group of companies.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
As well as the purposes set out in the relevant Privacy Notice referred to above, personal data supplied by a customer to apply to use the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES or collected through the use of SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES, will be processed for the purposes including the below;
- processing the application;
- establishing a cardholder’s identity if requested by your employing or contracting company;
- completing credit checks in relation to key individuals per customer such as company directors (We do not credit check each individual cardholder);
- operating the account(s) and facilitating access to and use of the online services relating to the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES;
- assessing and/or reviewing the card status and/or purchase record of the Shell Fuel Card on an ongoing basis;
- monitoring volume and spend information;
- registration for other related services and different payment methods (e.g. mobile payments via the Shell App);
- for safety and security reasons, in particular, to protect the personnel and assets of Shell and its customers and to protect our customers when using products with special handling requirements.
Additional information for users of Telematics services
If your vehicle is fitted with a Shell issued telematics device, Shell may also collect information about:
- your vehicle’s location which can be used to calculate e.g. vehicle speed, route taken;
- whether the vehicle is stopped;
- your vehicle’s acceleration, deceleration (braking) and cornering;
- whether the seat belt is used;
- information from your vehicle’s engine (e.g. engine speed), electrical system (e.g. battery voltage) and warning system (e.g. engine warning light on);
- ·vehicle refuelling or charging.
Shell may use these data in combination with other data we hold about you, e.g. fuel card transactions, to provide analysis requested by your employing or engaging company to better understand driving style, safety, vehicle performance and routing information.
Communication and Marketing
You may receive offers on behalf of the relevant business customer. On all occasions you or your company’s authorised representative will be given the opportunity to use the unsubscribe functionality through the different digital channels we use to interact with you. For more information, please refer to the Privacy Notice - Business Customers, Suppliers and Business Partners mentioned above.
When processing an application and during the term of any SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES agreement, we may assess the creditworthiness of the company/business applying, as well as that of key individual(s) associated with that business e.g. company directors. We use authorized third-party credit checking agencies for this purpose who will use credit scoring or other automated decision-making processes; and records held by credit reference agencies. If you have any queries, please refer to the Contact Details section below.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Who will we share your personal data with?
In addition to the categories of recipients set out in the relevant Privacy Notice referred to above your personal data may be shared with:
- the company (that is the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES customer) which ordered the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES on your behalf;
- the participants involved in providing the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES, such as the retailers, authorised toll service providers and/or any other company that is permitted to supply products and/or services to SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES users;
- credit reference, screening and/or fraud prevention agencies as well as referees, guarantors or other persons providing references or security in relation to your business’s obligations;
- customer’s third party partners - in the event your company has chosen to work with a third party service provider (e.g. fleet management companies, leasing companies), for the purpose of enabling the third party to provide the services you require (e.g. management information, consolidated invoicing).
Shell will only hold your personal data for a defined period of time.
How long do we hold your personal data for?
Shell will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary to meet business, legal or fiscal requirements for the following:
- Personal data contained in invoices, transaction files, correspondence with customers and requests to issue new fuel cards.
- Contracts (which contain contact details).
- Other contact data and cardholder data.
- Telematics data.
Your rights and how to exercise them.
You can contact Shell Fleet Solutions Customer Service Center email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 24570200.
This Privacy Notice is updated over time.
Changes to this supplementary Privacy Statement
This SPS, Privacy Notice - Business Customers, Suppliers and Business Partners may change over time. This SPS was last updated in June 2020.