Shell Go+ Terms and Conditions
The following terms & conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) govern the Shell Go+ programme for users registered through Shell Asia App (the “Members”) and issued by Shell Oman Marketing Company SAOG (“Shell”).
The Shell Go+ programme and the use of products and schemes available through Shell App as the case may be, shall be referred to hereinafter as (“Shell Go+”), unless otherwise specified.
1. General Terms
The mentioned terms and conditions are applicable to the use of the Shell App and its schemes across the entire Shell Go+. Any participation and use of Shell Go+ shall be considered as an acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Shell reserves the right to vary, add, or amend the terms and conditions including but not limited to the usage of Shell Go+, reward earning, reward redemption etc. The terms and conditions, as amended, varied, or supplemented from time to time, supersede any earlier terms and conditions issued by Shell unless explicitly mentioned otherwise.
- Shell may, at any time, cancel, withdraw, alter or close registration for the rewards scheme at any time with no liability towards the Members.
- Shell reserves the right to amend the list of sites participating in the Shell Go+ (“Participating Sites”) without any prior notice.
- Members of Shell Go+ must be aged 18 years or above.
- Members of Shell Go+ must have a valid registered Oman mobile number, which will act as their unique identifier.
Any rewards or benefits of Shell Go+ shall not be transferred, copied or otherwise, and can be solely used by the registered Member. Shell may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel Shell Go+ accounts, cards, coupons, vouchers and points, in whatever form, and/or remove a Member from Shell Go+ at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
- any abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme.
- any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions; and/or
- any behaviour relating to the Shell Go+ or the Shell Group that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
Shell reserves the right not to reopen the account to the member in case any of the aforesaid conditions are met.
- Members shall reach out to Shell’s Customer Service on +968 24570200 in case of any suspected misuse on the account.
- The Terms and Conditions grant no rights towards any third party.
2. Registration & Customer Information
- Any person including Members, as applicable and except for third parties, hereinafter referred to as (“you” and any reference thereto by “your” or otherwise to fit the context), can become a Member of Shell Go+ by downloading Shell App on their mobile through App Store or Google Play and by registering for Shell Go+.
- You can start using your Shell Go+ membership once all mandatory registration details are completed in full.
- You can select your preferred mode of communication while registering.
- Your mobile number acts as a unique identifier, and therefore, multiple memberships with single mobile number are not allowed.
- You will ensure a correct mobile phone number is provided. If an incorrect number is provided, Shell shall not be responsible for issue of points to the membership account thus created.
- After registration is completed, Members must keep Shell informed of any changes to the information submitted. Shell shall not be held liable for any loss of points or vouchers incurred or otherwise, as a result of out-of-date information.
- Members can change the registered mobile number, by submitting changes, instead of opening a new membership account. If you register with a new number, a new membership account will be opened, and we will be unable to transfer any previously collected points as a Member to the new account. It is the member responsibility to either let us know of the registered mobile number or update it directly through the App.
3. Earning Points and Velocity Rules
3.1 Earning Points
- Shell Go+ is only applicable for purchases at Participating Sites. Members shall check in the Shell App for information on presence of Shell Select, at the participating sites. Please note Shell Go+ is NOT available in the below Shell Select sites:
- Shell Select Falaj Daris
- Shell Select West Hambar
- Shell Select Bidiya
- Shell Select Falaj Al Ohy
And Shell Go+ is currently not available in:
- Shell Car Wash.
- Shell Helix Oil Change+.
- Shell Lubricants Service Centre.
- The schemes mentioned below are only applicable for Members holding an individual account. If you are a Fleet Solutions customer, please refer to the relevant section for details.
- Members must present their digital card at the time of your purchase to earn points for the transaction undertaken. Registered phone number will be only used to earn points and will not be accepted for redemption without the digital card. There will be no issuance of points for historical transactions.
- As a Member, you can earn points from personal purchases only. Points earned from the purchase of other customers, even if with the consent, may constitute as fraud.
- An individual member will receive points from Participating Sites as per the following criteria:
Fuel (Petrol & Diesel) :
- 30 points for every litre of Shell V-Power fuel purchased
- 1 points for every litre of Shell Mogas 95, Shell Mogas 91 or Shell Diesel purchased
Shell Lubricants products:
|Power 1L||Helix Power V 0W-40 1L||150|
|Power 4L||Helix Power V 0W-40 4L||600|
|Premium 1L||HelixUltra5W40_12*1LA313, HelixHX710W40_12*1L_A313, HelixUltX0W30SNPLUS12*1L, HELIX HX8 5W 30SN 12*1L,HelixHX8Syn5W40SN12*1L_AR||50|
|Premium 4L||HelixUltra5W40_4*4L_A313, HELIX HX7 10W-40 4*4L, HelixUltX0W30SNPLUS_4*4L, HELIX HX8 5W 30SN 4*4L, HlxUltSNPLUS0W20_SN+4*4L,HelixHX8Syn5W40SN_4*4L_AR||200|
|Non-Premium 1L||HELIX HX5 20W-50 12*1L||30|
|Non-Premium 4L||HELIX HX5 20W-50 4*4L,||120|
|Non-Premium 5L||Helix HX5 20W-50_3*5L,||150|
|Others 4L||SPIRAX S2 G 140 4*4L, SPIRAX S1 G 90 4*4L, SPIRAX S1 G 140 4*4L, RIMULA R2 20W-50 4*4L,RIMULA R4 X 15W-40 4*4L||40|
|Others 5L||RIMULA R2 20W-50 3*5L, SPIRAX S2 G 90 4*4L||50|
|Others 20L||Tellus S2 M32_1*20L_A246,TELLUS S2 M 46 1*20L, TELLUS S2 M 68 1*20, RIMULA R4 X 15W-40 20L, RIMULA R2 20W-50 1*20L,||200|
Shell Select including Shell Café and deli by Shell
For every purchase of RO 1 and above, you earn points as following:
1 OMR = 100 Points
1.100 OMR = 110 points
1.150 = 115 points
1.153 round down to 115
1.155 round up 116
No points will be awarded for purchases below RO 1 for this category. No points will be awarded on purchase of tobacco products and telecom prepaid cards. No points will be awarded for purchase of Shell Select products through online platforms such as Talabat.
- As Member, you can earn points on a maximum of 2 transactions per day.
- Any purchases which translate to a fraction of points earned would be:
- rounded off to the lower whole number from 0.4 and below. e.g. 41.3 litres of Shell Mogas will yield 41 points.
- rounded off to the upper whole number from 0.5 and above. e.g. 41.6 litres of Shell Mogas will yield 42 points.
- Shell reserves the right to change the rate of awarding points, and the type of qualifying purchases.
- Shell has the discretion to add additional points to any Member account.
- Participating Sites may also have seasonal offers, which will reward you with extra points for specific purchases. Details of these offers can be found on Shell App and the respective sites.
- Shell reserves the right to not issue points in combination with other offers such as promotions or discounts, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- No points will be awarded for the items purchased against redemption of points.
- Points earned in each transaction will be credited in real time and can be checked via the Shell App. However, in case of system delays the point balance will be updated within 24 hours from the time of transaction.
3.2 Velocity Rules
- A maximum number of 2 transactions per day will be eligible for loyalty points.
- A maximum quantity of 150 litres will be eligible for loyalty points for Shell V-Power, Shell Mogas 95 and Shell Mogas 91 per transaction.
- A maximum quantity of 250 litres will be eligible for loyalty points for Shell Diesel per transaction.
- A maximum Quantity of 1,200 litres of fuel will be eligible for loyalty points per month.
- EXCEPTIONS/LIMITATIONS OF PRODUCT [PRIORITIZED FOR DELIVERY]
- Velocity Limit on transactions also counts the non-awarding transactions i.e., if velocity limit is maximum of 2 transactions per day per customer and customer made 2 transactions where they earned points and 3rd transaction was not eligible for points awarding, but the non-eligible transaction will also be counted in 3rd transactions for the day.
4. Redeeming Members Points
- Accumulated points in the one account cannot be transferred or combined with any other account
- Points earned as part of Shell Go+ scheme can be redeemed at Participating Sites.
- Points earned cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Points redemption can only be availed by the Member who earned such points.
- Shell Go+ catalogue is available on Shell App. Members will be required to select the item they would like to redeem, and the same can be availed during the next transaction at Participating Sites.
- Points once redeemed as part of a transaction cannot be reversed. Items purchased against points will not be refunded or exchanged.
- Vouchers/Discounts used on initial sale will not be refunded or exchanged.
- In case, you redeem the points for a fuel or non-fuel voucher, the total value of the voucher should be consumed in a single purchase. No cash back can be availed in case spend is less than the value of the voucher.
- In case of unavailability of redeemed item at a Participating Site, Members may check for the same item at another Participating Site or may wait for that item to become available. Members may check with the Participating Site if the item selected is part of the available items.
5. Fleet Solutions Customers
- Customers who use Fleet Solutions card as a method of payment will not be eligible for benefits of the Shell Go+ for that transaction. Please reach out to your Fleet Solutions Account Manager for more information.
6. Account Closure and Points Expiry
- Members can choose to leave the Shell Go+ by following defined steps for account closure as described in Frequently Asked Questions.
- Members will forfeit any points balance available in the account at the time of account closure.
- Members will forfeit any unused vouchers at the time of account closure.
- If an account is inactive for one year, Shell reserves the right to
- reset the points balance to zero for the account with immediate effect, and/or
- close the membership account with immediate effect
- The validity of points earned is 365 days, at the end of which they will expire. Shell will ensure that sufficient notice is provided to you, before the points expire.
- Shell reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend and/or terminate Members account and/or access to Shell Go+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card or any functionalities thereof, delete Members profile and any of Members User Generated Content and/or restrict Members use of all or any part of the Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card at any time, for any or no reason, without notice and without liability to Members or any third party. After any line of action, as aforesaid, you are not allowed to create a new account to circumvent the termination, deletion, or restriction.
- You understand and agree that some of your User Generated Content may continue to appear on or be part of Shell Go+ programme and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card or may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time even after your account and/or access to Shell Go+ programme and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card is terminated.
- These Terms and Conditions shall remain in effect after your account and/or access to Shell Go+ programme and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card is terminated.
7. Data Protection
- Members will receive periodic updates on the account, promotional offers and information on Shell Go+. The communication will be through Shell App, Members preferred mobile number or Member’s email address. Members have the option to choose the preferred mode of communication.
8. Limitation of Liability
- You are responsible for the accuracy of the information that are entered or submitted to become a part of Shell Go+. Shell will commit to reasonable endeavours in its absolute discretion to ensure that any information provided to become a part of the Shell Go+ is correct at the time of inclusion, Shell is not liable whether directly or indirectly for the accuracy of such information.
- Shell disclaims all warranties, express or implied, regarding your participation in the Shell Go+ programme and your any associated operation and use of Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card.
- You understand and agree that your participation the Shell Go+ and any of your associated operation and use of Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card is at your own risk, cost and consequence and that you are solely responsible for any damage suffered by you or any third party as a result of your participation in the Shell Go+ programme and any associated operation and use of Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card.
- Shell shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you or third party, whether directly or indirectly (including negligence) or for any reason arising under or in connection with your participation in the Shell Go+ and any of your associated operation and use of Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card for:
- loss of actual or anticipated profit, sales, savings, use, business, business opportunity or revenue.
- losses caused by business interruption;
- loss of goodwill or reputation.
- loss or corruption of data, information or software; or
- any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered
- even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by you and/or Shell.
9. Intellectual Property
- All intellectual property contained in or on Shell GO+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card is owned by Shell or its licensors. All content in the Shell Go+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card including, but not limited to, text, software, scripts, code, designs, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and all other content (“Content”) is a collective work under applicable copyright laws and is the proprietary property of Shell. Shell reserves all of its rights in respect of the intellectual property contained in the Shell Go+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card and in respect of the Content.
- In particular, Shell Go+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card contains trademarks including, but not limited to, the mark "Shell" and the Shell emblem. All trademarks included as part of Shell Go+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ cards are owned by Shell Brands International (SBI) or its licensors . Shell reserves all of its rights in respect of the trademarks included as part of Shell Go+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise shall be interpreted as granting to you any license of intellectual property owned by Shell, SBI or its licensors.
10. User Generated Content
- “User Generated Content” is any content such as communications, information, messages, photographs, music, videos, designs, graphics, website links, data, profiles that you and/or other Members’ post or otherwise make available on or through Shell Go+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card, except to the extent that such content is owned by or licensed to Shell.
- You are solely responsible for your User Generated Content, your interactions with other Members and in general, your overall activity in the Shell Go+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card.
- You agree not to post any content or make any communications which may expose Shell or any of other member of Shell Go+ programme and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card to harm or liability of any type.
- You agree not to post or submit User Generated Content, or a link to a website, which, is illegal, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, libellous, infringing, harassing, hateful, threatening, abusive, racial, cultural or ethnic consent or otherwise.
- You confirm that you own or control all rights in any User Generated Content that you post or submit on Shell Go+ programme and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card. You agree not to submit User Generated Content unless you are the owner or have permission of the owner to post such User Generated Content. You confirm not to post photos or videos of another person or showing another person without that person´s permission.
- Your User Generated Content is not confidential or proprietary. You grant, and warrant that you have the right to grant to Shell a non-exclusive, non-revocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual right to use your User Generated Content in any manner of media now or later developed for any purpose, commercial, advertising or otherwise, including the right to translate, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative work, sub-license, distribute, assign and commercialize without any payment due to you.
- Should any part of Shell Go+ programme and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card offer you the opportunity to join in or read from a forum, please be aware that any communications posted on the forum represent the views of the individual who posted such communication and are not to be taken as the views of Shell.
- Do not use or become member of Shell Go+ programme and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card or any functionality thereof for any commercial purpose.
- Do not post any User Generated Content that includes “junk mail”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or other forms of solicitation.
- Do not use automated scripts to collect information from Shell Go+ programme and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card.
- Do not provide any false personal information about yourself. You confirm not to create more than one Shell account, create a Shell account on behalf of another individual, group or entity, or transfer your profile or account. Do not use or try to use another person's account, username or password.
- Shell reserves the right to monitor any information transmitted or received through any forum provided, and, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to review, remove or otherwise block any material posted.
- Shell has no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, edit or remove User Generated Content and assumes no responsibility for User Generated Content, even where it chooses to carry out pre-screening, monitoring, editing or removal of User Generated Content.
You agree to indemnify Shell, SBI, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers from and against all claims, losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including, without limitation, legal costs arising from or relating in any way to your User Generated Content, your use or participation Shell Go+, any associated downloading / usage of Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card or any violation of these Terms and Conditions of use, any law or the rights of any third party.
12. External Websites or Applications
Shell Go+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card may include links to external websites or applications. When you follow such links the external website or application may appear as a full screen or in some cases it may appear within the frame of Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card. These links are provided in order to help you find relevant websites, applications, services and/or products which may be of interest to you quickly and easily. It is your responsibility to decide whether any services and/or products available through any of these websites or applications are suitable for your purposes. Shell is never to be construed as recommending to you to avail any services and/or products available through any of these websites or applications. Shell is not responsible for the owners or operators of these applications or websites or for any goods or services they supply or for the content of their websites or applications and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these or accept any liability in relation to any of these (including any liability arising out of any claim that the content of any external website or application to which Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card includes a link infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party).
13. Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
Your participation in Shell Go+ and any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed and interpreted only in accordance with the laws of Sultanate of Oman. In the case of any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with or relating to your participation in Shell Go+ and/or any associated Shell App, Shell Go+ website and physical Shell Go+ card and/or these Terms and Conditions, such dispute or claim shall be finally and exclusively settled by Muscat Courts.
MORE IN MOTORISTS
Here at Shell, we like to keep in touch with our customers. If you need to talk, we're ready to listen.
The Shell Fuel Subsidy Card is available across all Shell Service Stations. It features an in-built security chip, a dedicated Shell Customer Operations Centre team and comprehensive transaction receipts.