Frequently asked questions
The most frequently asked questions about prepaid Shell Fuel Card (prepaid).
What is the “Shell Fuel Card”?
Shell Fuel Card is a Prepaid Card Programme issued by Shell Oman Marketing Company SAOG to offer its customers with payment options to help them enjoy cashless convenience at participating Shell Service Stations.
Customers can utilize these Cards to purchase Shell fuel at this stage. The Fuel Card is a one-time use product and is non-rechargeable. When the balance of the Card is over, the holder can destroy it. Shell Fuel Card is registered in our system with your mobile number to ensure that the customer service is provided later.
If you have purchased one of these Cards and would like to register your details to enjoy the full benefits of the Shell Fuel Card, you can do so at www.shellomancardsonline.com and register the Fuel Card number (embossed on the front of the Card) and your mobile number.
Where are Shell Fuel Cards available?
They are available at participating Shell Service Stations.
How is a Card activated?
Cards should be activated before use. For activation, the Card must be brought to the Shell Service Station from which the Card was purchased from, and shall be given to the station employee who will activate the Card and deliver a receipt. Kindly note that registering your mobile number on the Shell website allows you to view your transactions online.
How can I secure my Shell Fuel Card?
We strongly recommend that you do not give your Shell Fuel Card to anyone else for use, as it is similar to cash. In case, you would like to give it to someone else, we recommend that you check the delivery receipt made by your Card to confirm the process.
Remember that it is necessary to write your Shell Fuel Card number immediately in a safe place after you receive it. Kindly note that the services cannot be provided without this number. This is mandatory for registered Card holders.
How long is the Card valid for?
The Shell Fuel Card is valid for a period of 1 year from the date of first activation.
Do I get Credit facility on Shell Fuel Card?
No, the Shell Fuel Card is not a credit Card; your Card balance will be debited immediately at the moment of transaction.
What should I do if my Card is damaged or not working for some reason?
If your Card does not work at the participating Shell Service Station, the station employee may be able to assist you to solve the problem; however there may be instances where you may be required to contact our Customer Operations Team at +968 24570333 to help resolve the issue. In some cases, especially if the Card is damaged or torn, the Card may need replacement. In such a case, the funds available on your damaged Card will be transferred to the new replacement Card.
How do I use my Shell Fuel Card for purchases at the Shell Service Station?
Please provide the Shell Fuel Card to the station employee before refueling and tell him the desired amount or quantity of fuel required.
How can I know the balance available on the Card?
- Transaction receipt: Each time a Card is used at the station you will receive a receipt which shows detailed transaction and the balance remaining in the Card.
- Online: If you have registered with your mobile number at the time of activation, then the balance can be checked online by entering the serial number of the Card on the website: www.shellomancardsonline.com
- At Shell Service Station: The station employee can also tell you the balance by swiping the Card in the Card machine available at the station.
- Shell Customer Operations Team: call +968 24570333 and provide the Card serial number or the registered mobile number to the customer service professional.
What should I do if I lose my Shell Fuel Card?
Based on the Terms & Conditions for Shell Fuel Card, which are mentioned in this website, Shell Fuel Card cannot be canceled. Shell shall not be liable for any financial losses arising out of any misuse of any Shell Fuel Card. For more information, please contact our Customer Operations Team at +968 24570333.
What information can I get from the web on my Card account?
If your Card is registered on the Shell Oman Cards online website, you will be able to view the history of your transactions.
What should I do if I want to change my registered contact Mobile number?
You should login (with your User ID and Password) on www.shellomanCardsonline.com and change your details directly there. Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Operations Team at +968 24570333 and request for your details to be changed.
The Card balance is RO 4 but the fuel tank could take only RO 3 worth fuel. What happens to the balance?
The Card will be deducted only for the value of the fuel pumped. The balance will remain in the Card.
Can any other products be bought with the Shell Fuel Card?
No. At present, only Shell fuel can be purchased with Shell Fuel Card.
Date of last revision: 4 September 2018. Please check regularly for updates
Terms & Conditions
Read the Terms and conditions for Shell Fuel Card (Prepaid)
1. The “Shell Fuel Card” Programme refers to a prepaid Cards Programme according to the details stipulated herein (“Programme”) and is developed to purchase fuels at participating Shell Service Stations in the Sultanate of Oman. Participation in the Programme is subject to these Terms & Conditions (“T&C’s”) , which may be subject to amendments by Shell Oman Marketing Company SAOG, from time to time, at its sole discretion and without any prior notice, and shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by the Cardholder of such T&C’s as amended. The latest version of T&C’s applicable to the Programme can be found on this Website.
2. All references to Shell herein shall mean “Shell Oman Marketing Company SAOG”, Commercial Registration No. 1571230, having its registered office at the following address – P.O. Box 38, Mina Al Fahal, Postal Code 116, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
3. The person who has their mobile phone number registered with Shell or incase where mobile number is not registered, the person in possession of the Shell Fuel Card shall be deemed to be the Cardholder (“Cardholder”)
4. The Cardholder on registration agrees to receive all messages related to Shell Fuel Card transactions that may be received from time to time and any other relevant information on the registered mobile phone number.
5. Shell Fuel Card and the associated facilities available through the Website, including but not limited to, display of transaction reports, shall be considered online services (“Online Services”).
6. The Shell Website supporting the Programme ( www.shellomancardsonline.com ) or any other future website domains for this Programme shall contain certain details relating to the Programme.
7. Shell Fuel Card cannot be canceled or refunded.
8. The amount mentioned on the Shell Fuel Card shall be considered as the real value of the Shell Fuel Card, any other value shall be irrelevant.
9. The amount in a Card can be used by the Cardholder to purchase fuel from any participating Shell Service Stations in Oman.
10. The issued Card is valid for one year from the date of the first activation. Customers shall immediately notify Shell Customer Operations Team on +968 24570333 if the Shell Fuel Card is damaged. Note that Shell will not be liable for any loss that may occur from lost or stolen Shell Fuel Card.
11. Shell Fuel Card are to be treated as cash; Shell shall not be liable for any financial losses arising out of any misuse of any Shell Fuel Card.
12. All telephone instructions received by Shell Customer Service Centre shall be verified based on personal details submitted by the Cardholder during registration or subsequently updated in accordance with this T&C’s of the Programme and shall be deemed valid by Shell. Shell shall not be liable for executing these instructions as Shell is deemed to beexecuting those instructions in good faith.
13. Shell provides no guarantee in relation to the Online Services or the data available within it. The Card Holder accepts the Online Services and the data available via these services “as is” and any use of the Online Services shall be undertaken at the Card Holder’s account and risk. Shell undertakes that reasonable skill and care is used to ensure that the Shell Website and the Online Services are available for Card Holder. However the Card Holder acknowledges that it is technically impossible for Shell to ensure that the Shell Website and the Online Services are always available and Shell does not undertake to provide such uninterrupted availability.
14. By using the Shell Fuel Card at participating Shell Service Stations, the Cardholder acknowledges that he / she has read and understood the prevailing T&C’s of the Programme and confirms that he / she has complied with them voluntarily; and agrees to pay all required charges, if any. The use of Shell Fuel Card by the Cardholder after updating the T&C’s shall be considered as confirmation of its acceptance of the revised T&C’s
15. Fuel prices applicable to Shell Service Stations are subject to review under Oman's laws and applicable regulations. Shell shall not be responsible of sending any prior notifications to any Cardholders.
16. Any tax, charge or other liability incurred by a Carholder as a result of his/her usage of the Card or the use of any other benefit shall be to the account of and shall be the sole responsibility of the Cardholder.
17. Shell may, at its sole discretion, update the list of participating Shell Service Stations without any prior notice to the Cardholders.
18. Shell reserves the right to decide on the product range available for the Cardholders to purchase using the Shell Fuel Card at any of its participating Shell Service Stations.
19. Notwithstanding any provision herein, Shell shall not be liable in any manner with respect to use or misuse of the Cards whether by any Cardholder or any third party.
20. The above T&C’s are subject to review/ update at the sole discretion of Shell without any prior notice to the Cardholders.
21. These Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to be the final and binding on both parties and shall be subject to the laws of the Sultanate of Oman.