Let your remarkable talents make an impact and discover your potential with Shell Oman!
Shell Oman Marketing Company
Lubricants Technical Advisor
Muscat – Shell Oman Marketing Company SAOG, Oman
To provide first line technical advice to direct accounts, industrial and transport customers, and Shell Sales force on the use of the Shell lubricants portfolio in order to best exploit the technical attributes of Shell products and services to commercial advantage, and to trouble shoot any technical issues
1. To support and secure technical partnerships with key direct accounts (gold and platinum)
- Provide front line technical support to customers and sales staff including problem solving, troubleshooting and application advice for 80% of all front line technical issues. This may be pro-active in line with Sales/Marketing effort and business objectives or reactive to customer complaints/claims or used oil analysis. Provide basic failure diagnosis for lubrication related failure (e.g. bearing or gear) where lubricants quality or practices are in question
- Correctly specify appropriate Shell products to be used for specific applications (vehicles, machinery and equipment), including the specification of equivalent Shell product to replace a competitor’s product, for all lubricants products. Immediate recommendations should be possible for more than 75% of applications, and with use of reference materials and networks, etc. should be possible for 95% of all cases
- Prepare customer plant/equipment audits, lubrication surveys, product rationalisation audits and conduct field trials, as necessary to support the overall business strategy
- Liaise with local Original Equipment Manufacturer or local branches of global OEMs, to develop product approvals, only under guidance from the identified OEM ‘owner’ in the Line of Business team (OEM Approval Managers) so only for selected global priority approved OEMs
- Provide HSSE, Occupational Health, and product disposal advice to customers and front line sales, in line with local legislation requirements. Actively keep up to date with changes in legislation
- Receive referrals of technical problems or other customer contact from Customer Operations and work to resolve them with the customers. Feedback to Customer Operations to ensure continual improvement in the fielding of enquiries and understanding of technical issues. Pro-actively update Customer Operations with key customer or product information
- Support and act jointly with local Marketing Specialist to enhance Shell Technology Intimacy image through Sales into the market
2. To drive top and bottom line growth
- Work closely with local sales and global accounts who have the ‘ownership’ of the customers, to provide appropriate technical support to maintain and gain business in line with business strategy. Carry out joint and solo visits (with knowledge of sales force) to new and existing customers providing technical proposals/assistance to generate sales opportunities, with both existing and new products
- Drive cross-sell & upsell opportunities through developing and delivering appropriate lubricants training to direct Sales/Marketing staff to develop their expertise, as well as tailored training packages for Gold/Platinum Customers where required
- Refer complex technical issues to the Senior Lubricants Technical Advisor or to the product application specialist network for resolution, work with them to ensure issue is solved satisfactorily, with local customer follow up by the Technical staff as necessary
- Develop and deliver appropriate lubricants training to direct Shell Sales staff to develop their product-application-services expertise
- Exploiting the use of Sales First tools and delivering Demonstrated Values Record according to global needs and guidelines in order to provide proven Technology Leadership or Value Led examples
- Liaise with Operational Portfolio Managers for product portfolio issues as appropriate and provide/advice alternatives. Manage portfolio harmonisation process at customer level, including smooth conversion of customers caused by product introductions and retirements
- Acting and behaving according to Shell Global Business Principles, Code of Conduct, HSSE standards and rules
- Balancing technical requirements with commercial pressures
- Working with a reducing product portfolio while meeting customer’s expectations
- Self-committing, balancing own learning from others internally and giving technical support externally
- Having the ability to distil complex information and to communicate clearly and concisely to others
- Managing relationships with key customers and their stakeholders (Platinum/Gold)
- Delivers results – accountability. Clear results orientation and capacity to manage self-performance
- Competence in problem solving, good decision-making skills and ability to find solutions for day-to-day issues
- Able to maintain high volumes of contacts, with quick and accurate turnaround time
- Demonstrates interpersonal sensitivity and communication (written and verbal) skills
Qualification & Experience
- Degree (e.g. BSc, BEng) - engineering or chemistry or comparable technical background skills
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a customer facing role (Customer Operation or front-line sales) beneficial
- Good English skill level
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Have engineering knowledge in industry or transport, or related discipline
- Only for Omanis
Retail HSSE Advisor
Muscat – Shell Oman Marketing Company SAOG, Oman
The Retail HSSE Advisor will be accountable to support the Corporate & Retail HSSE Manager for coaching and leading management and staff in Shell Oman Marketing Company (SOM) and the Retail business in particular to successfully deliver HSSE activities to make SOM HSSE commitment a reality. This requires the courage to be a change agent and to push/coach staff at all levels to improve.
- Managing continual improvement in Retail HSSE performance
- Develop a clear agenda/plan for HSSE in Retail.
- Support the Corporate & Retail HSSE Manager in leading and coaching the staff & Retail Leadership Members in the effective implementation of Retail HSSE management systems.
- Support the Corporate & Retail HSSE Manager in Delivering Group/Downstream HSSE requirements at SOM level (e.g. custodian of SOM HSSE, preparation of HSSE Business Assurance Letter, execution of Group Audits, and other related systems.
- Develop and track the HSSE Plans as per the requirements.
- Establish and Deliver SOM Retail Local and Shell Retail Global HSSE initiatives and strategies as appropriate including the focus areas of Proactive Road Safety, Contractor Management, HSSE Competency and Hearts and Minds.
- Actively participate in the HSSE technical forum at SOM level.
- Implement Shell group critical incident reporting requirements and support the line in incident reporting. Lead investigation development and delivery.
- Support Accidents and Incidents Investigations using various tools including Tripod. Monitor HSSE performance. Cascade learning across the Company, retail sites staff and contractors.
- Input and track incident data in Incident reporting and management systems and act as the System Gatekeeper for Retail Business.
- Prepare periodic performance reports and assist business managers in tracking HSSE performance and targets. Collect HSSE data at retail business level and input in the system on a monthly basis.
- Lead and support line in HSSE management system and documentation development, update and review as well as track Remedial Action Plans.
- Co-ordinate and assist to complete Health Risk Assessments (HRA) and meet other requirements for Shell Group Health Control framework requirement.
- Develop audit schedules in line with Shell group requirements.
- Assist the Retail Business Manager in preparing the annual HSSE letter and track progress of the letter as appropriate.
- Provide Emergency and Crisis Management Support at retail business level and act as the Emergency Response HSSE advisor.
- Plan and coordinate emergency drills for the Retail business.
- Lead and manage the delivery of an effective environmental management system in line with Shell internal procedures and local regularity requirements.
- Supporting the Corporate & Retail HSSE manager in Representing SOM in all the matters related to environment with the local, regional, and global Shell network and manage communication with Ministry of Environment and Climate Affair (MECA) for issuing monitoring well permits.
- Supporting the Corporate & Retail HSSE Manager in preparing quarterly progress reports of environment projects for MECA.
- Supporting the Corporate & Retail HSSE manager in managing SOM Environmental Consultants to address issues arising from contaminated facilities/sites.
- Conduct security risk assessment for all SOM service stations.
- Supporting the Retail team in meeting Oman local HSSE regularity requirements.
- Wide spectrum of key stakeholders and issues to manage/resolve at the same time.
- Requires the use of interpersonal skills to advocate, influence decisions making by working through others.
- Be role-model in HSSE.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Courage to be a change agent and push/coach staff at all levels to improve HSSE performance
- Manage legacy environmental contamination cases. A strong foundation in HSSE MS, particularly in the area of risk assessment, coupled with the ability to apply behavioural safety lens, is essential to the position. This includes the ability to identify safety lessons and trending, including actual or potential incidents from both internal and external environment.
Qualification & Experience
- Holder of bachelor degree (BEng or BSc)
- Work experience in HSSE, Engineering, Operations, or related fields for 4+ years
- Proven experience at managerial & supervisory level
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Experience in Retail (preferred but not a must)
- Recognized qualification in area(s) of HSSE (preferred but not a must)
- Must have a demonstrated passion for HSSE and an ability to role model
- Proven ability to develop a plan and motivate and support a team to achieve it
- Ability to coach and develop local HSSE competencies