Payroll Processing & Controls:
- Manage the end-to-end payroll delivery process and all associated pay management activities for Shell Oman Marketing SAOG.
- This includes the processes for data collection, interpretation, verification and validation. Managing pay delivery tools/interfaces, resolving payroll discrepancies and complex payroll enquiries. Processing & verification of International staff salaries received from Global Payroll Team.
- Accountable for implementation of country specific pay policies changes in the payroll systems and ensuring compliance with local legislation.
- Establishing, monitoring and executing internal control procedures to ensure compliance as well as operational controls aiming at a global standardization.
- Responsible for Internal & External audit coordinates responses on audit queries of payroll related activities
- Responsible for Local Non-National & International staff’s quarterly tax updated by providing their remuneration and benefits details to International Monetary Tax Compliance Advisor.
Payroll Finance Responsibility:
- Responsible for Payroll financials interface to GSAP Financial System by ensuring system interfaces such as those resulting in postings to Finance GL(General Ledger) account & cost centers which are mapped appropriately.
- Responsible for timely reconciliation and payment of Social Insurances to PASI, International Staff’s Pension fund, Global Expat Share Purchase plan, Oman Housing bank loan instalments etc. & monthly reconciliation of payroll General Ledgers on Blackline Balance Sheet Reconciliation Portal.
- Responsible for ensuring seconded out staff’s & expat out staff’s manpower cost & end of service benefits are recovered quarterly by raising a debit note to the respective host company.
- Co-ordinating with the off-shored Payroll Finance Operations (FO) on various Compensation and Benefits Accounting related accruals for monthly financial closings.
Role in Performance, Rewards & Benefits:
- Supports the planning, coordination and administration of the annual performance and reward cycle processes for all the businesses aligned with global policies, processes and systems.
- Responsible for verification and payment of HR related benefits of local, Local non-national and International staff & liaising with the transfer advisor regarding the final settlements of International staff compliant to International Mobility policy.
Payroll MI role:
- Provide payroll reports and analyses as may be required for business decisions and highlight emerging issues or trends which require closer attention
- To support the business finance by providing yearly manpower budget, to provide quarterly Full Time Employees subsidiary report to global Human Resources Management Information Analyst
- Absence of a modern Human Resources Management System
- A high level of energy, focus and determination will be required to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of Shell Oman Marketing SAOG complex pay and benefits operations in order to ensure controls are in place and functioning. A flexible and positive approach will be required to operate successfully. Business risk, internal control and assurance concepts must be quickly grasped and applied.
- Having end-to-end knowledge of payroll process
- Managing timeline to pay employee timely and accurately.
- Ability to act during "emergency" cases.
- The payroll process is a frequently audited process and therefore the Payroll team’s focus should be on clear audit trails and controls documentation.
- A proactive approach towards the implementation of new payroll related legislation, terms and conditions and organizational changes is expected from the Payroll assistant.
- Complying with Shell guidelines and standards in all communication with internal & external stakeholders.
- Maintaining, organizing and updating records of the staffs.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Human Resources
- Minimum 2 -3 years working experience preferably in the HR compensation and benefits field
- Omani National
If you have the required skills and qualifications, obtain an application from our Main Office in Mina Al-Fahal and submit it along with your CV and copies of relevant qualifications.
Alternatively, you could Apply Here and ensure the inclusion of the title of the job you are applying for before 15 November 2018.
Please note, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks from the closing date.
Human Resources and Administration Department
Shell Oman Marketing Company SAOG
PO Box 38, Mina Al- Fahal, Postal Code 116