Reports to: Maintenance Manage
- Seek, challenge and encourage improvements in all aspects of engineering and maintenance execution for the plant.
- Understand the implementation of Quality management system (based on ISO requirements) in the Lube Oil Blending Plant (LOBP).
- Implement Lubricant Global Asset Management Excellence and be the Risk and Integrity Focal point for the plant.
- Establish and manage Risk Based Maintenance per Lube Oil Blending Plant Guidelines, and support Lubricant Global Asset Management Excellence approach in the plant.
- Prepare and update the list of HSSE critical equipment in the plant and ensure its timely maintenance with records.
- Implement Asset Integrity and Process Safety in the plant including agreed Group Engineering standards and Change Control Procedures.
- Ensure awareness and adherence to all globally driven maintenance standards and processes.
- Ensure the sharing of best practices through the envelope engineering focal point.
- Sustain streamline processes for maintenance and ensure its compliance and monitoring.
- Assess, estimate and propose annual maintenance budgets for the plant and ensure it’s within the approved budget.
- Develop project plans, work breakdown structures, cost & schedules, manage works/proposal approved under capital expenditure and maintain relevant record.
- Prepare maintenance schedules, ensure the maintenance program is adhered to and ensure timely attendance to breakdowns reported by the section supervisors.
- Ensure 100% compliance to preventive maintenance program for critical equipment and ensure preventive maintenance to corrective maintenance ratio is 80:20 % or better.
- Issue safe work permits to contractors involved in non-routine activities and ensuring all aspects of HSSE are covered including risk identification and mitigation.
- Ensure the plant drawings are up to date.
- Incorporating Shell Design and Engineering Manual1, Design and Engineering Manual 2 requirements including Design and Engineering Practice’s in all Capex projects and major plant maintenance and modifications.
- Implementation of Asset Integrity Process safety basic requirements including Permit to Work Management, Management of Change, High Level Alarm, Hydrogen Sulphide and Alarm Management.
- Perform the role of Reliability & Integrity engineer by evaluating the results of the integrity assessment for storage tanks, pipelines and other critical equipment and ensuring the maintenance is carried out as per Shell standards.
- Ensure competence and successor planning for all related vacancies and staff.
- Act as a permit issuer for the plant.
- Make sure all engineering changes are captured and monitored through MOC (Management of Change).
- Liaise with Contract and Procurement team for the contract awards and Purchase Order for different contractors.
- Support maintenance manager in different tasks and projects.
- Proactively manage all HSSE aspects of engineering activity execution and amongst team members and service providers specifically with Green banding and Permit To Work processes.
- Support Maintenance Manager in Plant Capital Expenditure projects.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- This job requires an engineering graduate qualification; Mechanical, Civil, Electrical background will be ideal.
- The job requires a background of 3–4 years varied Lubricant Supply Chain site experiences including competency in contract management, dealing with overseas suppliers and awareness of industry / Shell construction safety standards and practices.
- Experience in production and or base oil terminal handling would be essential, including:
- Engineering / Maintenance experience (including knowledge of Portfolio Requirement Specification)
- Project management.
- Operations experience.
- For Omanis only.