Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Ensures Contracting and Procurement (CP) Team develops tenders, negotiates, awards and manages contracts in line with the specific business demands and in line with the category/business strategy.
- Drives value delivery on an opportunity basis and implements framework agreements and category contracts.
- Keeps management of tail end spend by working in close coordination with Enterprise Category Managers and Business Contracting and Procurement (CP) along with working with the relevant focal points to optimize spend through 'tail end procurement', where appropriate.
- Monitors contract and contractor performance and manages supplier and customer relationships
- Drives a model of individual Ownership & Accountability across Contracting and Procurement Operations.
- Identifies, develops and implements Continuous Improvement and Elimination, Simplification, Standardization and Automation (ESSA) opportunities to further streamline, and simplify processes and activities. Relentlessly eliminates nonstandard working processes and ensures adherence to Category Management and Contracting Process (CMCP) and business governance.
- Supports a culture where a high quality of basics is the norm. The Foundations for Top Quartile (TQ) performance are high quality contract basics and meeting contract planning requirements.
- Manages the staff, their Delivery Performance and appraisal and having Professional development as a key driver for that. Demonstrates HSSE and Code of Conduct behaviour in dealing with staff, colleagues and contractors.
- Company-wide coverage role and thus calls for a broad understanding of all those businesses and functions in order to be effective.
- The coordination part of this role is demanding, especially during quarter/year-end, and there is a certain level of finesse required when dealing with internal & external stakeholders.
- Overseeing the activities of a dynamic, challenging and leading-edge procurement team requires the ability to multi-task, delegate and get into the details, all whilst ensuring nothing material falls between the cracks.
- Ability to influence business decisions.
- Ability to prioritise work-plans and resources to execute against the Business and Technical drivers.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Degree in Business Administration preferably in Supply Chain, Contracting and Procurement.
- Professional procurement background with 7+ years’ experience
- 4 years of relevant working experience in managing commercial contracts matters, preferably in an Oil & Gas environment.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) accreditation.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of Category Management and Contracting Process (CMCP) and commercial contracts management techniques.
- Awareness of respective Business environment and how operations affect the Business’s bottom line.
- Good commercial and negotiation experience in Category Management, Procurement Delivery/Operations.
- Engages and manages business relationships, good customer focus
- Ability to work with the SAP ERP System.
- Strong interest in leading, coaching and developing Contracting and Procurement staff
- Be results-oriented
- Well organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Good inter-personal skills
- Communicate verbally and in writing in an effective manner
- Very good commercial sense and understanding of procurement
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Fluent English and Arabic (written & oral)
- Demonstrates a sound track record of delivery in a commercial environment and be able to show good customer focus
- Only for Omanis