Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Work with various customers and stakeholders within various Shell Businesses/Functions, to execute Category Management commercial work plans, assuring supply of contracts at market competitive terms and conditions, as well as delivering value through Bottom Line Impacts.
- Deliver value to Shell Businesses and Functions by:
- Contracting and procuring services as well as developing and managing local agreements under the direction of the Local Procurement Lead and Global Category Manager as appropriate.
- Developing and executing commercial contract strategies for operational spend as well as operationalising and commercially managing operational agreements.
- Execute Group Contract Management process for assigned operational contracts.
- Ensure all commercial activity is fully aligned with the Global Category Management commercial strategies and Tail spend principles.
- Manage one-off Purchase Orders.
- Reduce/rationalize number of Contracts/Suppliers.
- Deliver end-to-end cost savings.
- Ensures compliance according to Group Standards.
- Works on Short Form MCL (Model Contracts Library) Contract Template.
- Develop pipeline of commercial activities through management of existing contracts, handling new demands, analytical review of unmanaged spend and un-analysed contracts, within the category/portfolio.
- Understand the business requirements.
- Ability to prioritise work-plans and resources to execute against the Business/Technical drivers.
- Maintaining business continuity is critical and the focus will be on reducing cycle times of contract execution while also delivering unplanned and urgent requirements.
- Ability to influence business decisions.
- Improving compliance to established contracts according to compliance guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to learn technical requirements to cater for the large variety of technical categories and business stakeholders.
- Capability to adapt rapidly to changing circumstances/priorities.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Degree in Business Administration preferably in Supply chain, sales and marketing.
3-5 years of experience in purchasing.
Qualifications required role and contribution to Business bottom line:
- Ability to make decisions and execute with support of stakeholders
- Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results
- Team player with high driven and ability to build long term relationships
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Good communications and inter-personal skills
- Good commercial sense and understanding of procurement
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Excellent English and Arabic (written & oral)
- Demonstrate understanding of the Group CMCP (Category Management and Contracting Process) process and commercial contract management technique
- Track record of delivery in a commercial environment and be able to show good customer focus
- Preference will be for Omani candidates
If you have the required skills and qualifications, obtain an application from our Main Office in Mina Al-Fahal and submit it along with your CV and copies of relevant qualifications.
Alternatively, you could could Apply Here and ensure the inclusion of the title of the job you are applying for before 15 October 2018.
Please note, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks from the closing date.
Human Resources and Administration Department
Shell Oman Marketing Company SAOG
PO Box 38, Mina Al- Fahal, Postal Code 116