Aviation Operations Executive
Reports to: Aviation Country Manager
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Management:
- Act as local HSSE advisor to support country HSSE manager and site managers on the implementation of HSSE programs.
- Develop local HSSE plan in line with the regional plan, monitor and track implementation of the plan across all sites.
- Act as a focal point for HSSE cases, Health Risk Assessment (HRA) and Security Risk Assessment (SRA) for Shell Aviation Oman and ensure that Remedial Action Plans (RAPs) are updated frequently and in a timely manner.
- Manage Safe System of Work (SSoW) and ensure strict compliance to Shell Aviation requirements across all sites.
- Communicate HSSE matters including and not limited to Leader guides, monthly HSSE meetings, cascade of Learning from Incident (LFI) and safety messages to all relevant staff.
- Facilitate materials for the monthly HSSE meetings and follow-up with all locations to ensure quality meetings are regularly conducted, with full attendance, and meeting minutes are documented.
- Conduct site walkarounds and inspections to measure compliance to Shell Aviation HSSE procedures and standards.
- Coordinate with relevant airport authorities on HSSE aspects related to Shell Aviation operations and projects.
- Coordinate the roll-out and implementation of HSSE activities with each site.
- Act as compliance coordinator to ensure full alignment with the regional compliance team.
- Liaise with the regional compliance team for the annual audit plan for Aviation Oman locations and liaise with all locations on the execution of the plan.
- Follow up to ensure compliance of Aviation standards and manuals.
- Develop and own the internal cross sites audit plan.
- Develop and implement a monitoring plan for all Non-Conformance (NCs) related to Aviation locations and ensure the closure of the plans on time.
- Communicate with the regional compliance team on the closures of NCs.
- Develop the necessary waivers and/or extension requests related to Aviation Oman and coordinate accordingly with the regional compliance team to obtain the necessary approvals.
- Communicate to all locations on the updates or revisions to the Aviation manuals or technical bulletins and ensure all locations documents are updated accordingly.
- Conduct gap analysis and coordinate with each site to develop compliance action plan to the new requirements where applicable.
- Monitor implementation of sites self-assessments and support the sites to achieve quality self–assessments.
- Obtain accreditation as Aviation inspector to support in execution of the regional inspection/auditing plan.
- Act as local trainer and custodian of local training plan.
- Develop and co-ordinate the yearly country training plan for all operational staff regarding the Aviation training modules and ensure timely deliveries of this plan.
- Plan and deliver Aviation Competencies Education (ACE) and HSSE trainings.
- Develop and ensure accreditation of local ACE trainer.
- Support operations and site managers in the development of action plans to close gaps.
- Coordinate with Human Resources Learning and Development Advisor for required trainings and maintain and updated training record.
- Support the identification of Capex requirements, the investment proposal process for capex approvals, and the implementation of approved capex budgets.
- Support Country Aviation Manager in Projects Management and executions.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Contracts & Procurement and Operations to ensure delivery of local Aviation projects on time and cost effectively.
- Act as focal point to deliver operational excellence programs and initiatives across all sites to ensure delivery of the KPIs and targets.
- Lead the implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Monitor sites performance’s KPIs and targets and take the necessary corrective measures to ensure targets are met.
- Deliver Goal Zero in the sites.
- Improve and build operation’s team HSSE and operational competencies to meet business goals and targets.
- Improve and build maintenance team competencies to meet the operational requirements.
- Ensure business readiness for smooth transition to the new airport facilities in Muscat, Salalah and PDO locations.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Holder, in engineering or HSSE with a minimum of 7 years of experience in site operations preferably in the Aviation industry.
- HSSE and operations management professional with management experience ideally in Aviation business environment.
- Demonstration of HSSE methodology, analysis and capability to implement HSSE standards.
Kindly note that if you have not been contacted within 3 weeks from the closing date, your application is considered as unsuccessful.
More in careers
Enhance your career development as an experienced professional with Shell and continue on your path to reach your full potential.
Joining the Shell Talent Community is the best way for you to stay informed about global career opportunities in your area of expertise and keep up to date with relevant news and events.