- The Facilities Manager leads the terminal operations teams in order to establish a sustainable world-class operation of all assets, securing business continuity, meeting financial targets, operational excellence, Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE), and Product Quality standards.
- This is a HSSE critical role in Supply and Distribution in terms of ensuring all activities are conducted in accordance to Shell's control framework, emergency response plans, business continuity/contingency plans.
- Ensure that all Shell facilities within Oman:
- Operate safely
- Result in 1st quartile cost performance
- Meet operational excellence targets
- Develop areas in line with agreed strategy
- Lead & deliver robust Distribution terminal services (Shell, Joint Venture (JV) and 3rd party) to the markets, to meet agreed stakeholder performance criteria for all managed assets, to work towards maximizing growth and alignment opportunities for all Shell and JV terminals in Oman
- Ensure that the organization, procedures, systems and equipment are in place to enable terminal operations and asset integrity in line with Shell’s operational and HSSE standards, legal permits and applicable legislation.
- Establish and sustain world-class operation of all assets, securing business continuity and operational excellence, whilst meeting financial targets and HSSE standards; Actively shape and deliver the terminal strategy in Oman.
- Leadership of the terminal teams, setting direction and creating a challenging and motivating work environment.
- Lead a step change in HSSE performance ensuring that Hearts & Minds concepts are widely and lively implemented in Oman.
- Act as a role model for safe behaviour through visible HSSE leadership, e.g. safety walks, audits, investigations, staff engagements, etc.
- Actively drive standardization of terminal processes in alignment with the global guidelines.
- Develop and deliver the T&S facilities OPEX and CAPEX budgets, optimizing cost and resources, and where applicable JV business plans in Oman.
- Realize significant cost reduction through exchange of best practices bench marking tools on a unit rate basis.
- Build and manage internal and external relationships.
- Ensure that contingency plans are up-to-date and cover the risks of supply disruptions and providing alternatives.
- Manage quality assurance and control and engagement with relevant parties on specifications.
- Ensure proper staffing through attraction, coaching and development of people, covering aspects like Diversity & Inclusion, competences, Performance Management and Recognition and Reward.
- Manage and lead the local Shell Oman Enterprise First Team and Supply & Operation process in co-ordination with Shell Oman Classes of Businesses heads.
- Manage Shell Oman shipping capabilities for delivery of bulk fuels within Oman territory
- Manage supply of bulk products from the Refinery. Participate in Regional/Global Distribution projects and be an active member of the Regional Terminal Operations Network and external committees.
- Provide cross business service levels, aligned with Supply and Order Fulfilment through the Supply & Operation process in Oman.
- Instil quarter performance culture and deliver Terminal Best in Class targets in Oman.
- Manage assets ensuring optimal utilization in Oman.
- Identify and drive opportunities for efficiency and/or safety performance improvements in Oman.
Management of the relationship with the refinery to ensure uninterrupted supply of products also given significant demand forecast variations from specific high-profile customers.
As LSSDR (Local Senior Supply Distribution Representative), lead and manage the road exposure risks in Oman.
Market competitiveness in Oman (with major Upstream activities) lead to Omani talent drain to Upstream companies and competitors.
Non-availability locally of Shell approved marine capability to serve sea-locked customers.
Accountable for all order to delivery and problem solving.
The experience and qualifications required for this position include:
- University degree in Engineering/Applied Sciences, and/or a Business degree with strong operational experience, preferably in Distribution.
- Sound understanding of HSSE, business controls, customer service, managing 3rd party/JV/external relationships, negotiation and decision making.
- Preferably Omani national.
If you have the required skills and qualifications, obtain an application from our Main Office in Mina Al-Fahal and submit it along with your CV and copies of relevant qualifications. Alternatively, you could Apply Here and ensure the inclusion of the title of the job you are applying for before 11 December 2017.
Please note, only the short listed candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks from the closing date.
Human Resources and Administration Department
Shell Oman Marketing Company SAOG
PO Box 38, Mina Al- Fahal, Postal Code 116