Main content | back to top
Plant Quality Manager
Pool: Lubricants Supply Chain
Location: Shell Oman Marketing Company - Muscat
- Manages Quality Control of all incoming base oils & additives.
- Maintains, updates and corrects blend formulations using GSAP & ABB system and achieving right first time blends.
- Maintains data for GSAP system as Quality Management Custodian for LOBP Operations.
- Deals with all Lubricants Quality System (LQS) related aspects.
- Development and training of laboratory staff regarding Quality matters.
- Maintains high standard of quality, demonstrates by scoring high ranking in round robin LLCS programs.
- Maintains high standard in Quality Assurance system (ISO 9001) within LOBP.
- Maintains high safety standards for LOBP laboratory.
- Investigates incidents and carries out tripod analysis where necessary.
- Timely update Quality Incident tracker for all Quality Incidents.
- Manages quality requirements of third party base oil facility & third party lab.
- Manages quality aspects of packaging.
- Usage of third party base oils for premium grades.
- Blending/filling complex grades and necessary flushing requirements due to various combinations of packs
- To maintain high standard of product and pack quality of products.
- Blending range of Global Key account (GKA) grades
- Deliver CI priorities as per timeline
- Develop succession plan for future Quality Controller positions.
- Work closely with the production and planning team on managing complexity, reducing cost and enhancing service to the customer.
- Graduate in chemistry with 6 to 8 years’ experience of managing the Quality Control laboratory in a lube oil plant with an ability to independently manage all aspects of Quality Control and ISO 9001 aspects of the plant.
- Knowledge of various tests & test methods as prescribed under international standards and Shell methods.
- Knowledge of statistical applications.
- Awareness of blending and production operations.
- Ability to work out new formulations in line with the GPC/LQS.
- Ability to handle and address the quality/customer complaints independently and update quality incident tracker (QIT)
- Ability to handle all HSSE related incidents by effective investigation and tripod analysis.
- Knowledge in Packaging aspects.
Strong people skills and the ability to work in multicultural environment.
If you are Omani and have the required skills and qualifications, obtain an application from our Main Office in Mina Al-Fahal and submit it along with your CV and copies of relevant qualifications. Alternatively, you could could Apply Here by sending your resume with a cover letter to the email address provided, and ensure the inclusion of the title of the job you are applying for in the subject of your email before 31 July 2016.
Please note, only the short listed candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks from the closing date.
Human Resources and Administration Department
Shell Oman Marketing Company SAOG
PO Box 38, Mina Al- Fahal, Postal Code 116